Wednesday, January 27, 2016

BIENVENIDOS A MEXICO

My family and I left Point Arena to go to southern Mexico. We first went to Cancun and had some good food. We found a plaza called Parque de las Palapas and it had a lot of food stands. Last night there was a man singing and people were dancing to the music. My mom wanted me to dance but I did not want to (even though my teacher Ms. Liz would like it!).

Food stands

We went to the plaza for most of our meals. I ate pozole, carne asada tacos and chicken mole, the tacos were my favorite. There were some sweet food stands too. I had a marquesita and a bag of churros. The marquesitas were like a crepe rolled into a waffle cone with nutella in the middle and they were very good. The churros were fried dough that were rolled in sugar, my brother said they were “deep-fried carb sticks dipped in sugar”. I had chorizo and potato quesadillas for breakfast at a quesadilla place near the plaza. They were really tasty.
    
Tasty Tacos


Breakfast Quesadillas
                                                                                            
Today I took a bus from Cancun to Tulum. For lunch I had some pescado frito, fried fish. My dad tried one of the sauces with a chip and it was super hot. His face turned red and he said his lips were on fire. Now we’re in a small house with a kitchen and we rode bikes to a fruit market and got good food like mangoes and avocados. So far I think the food is very good.

Fantastic fish

2 comments:

  1. Just reading about the variety of food and viewing the pictures makes me hungry! Logan is right about the churros being fried carb sticks, but very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivan and I read your blog before school this morning. Good job and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete