Wednesday, February 24, 2016

CENOTES DE CUZAMA

My family and I are staying in Merida. On Monday we went to some cenotes. Cenotes are an underground water hole. There are about 6,000 cenotes in the Yucatan.

We got to the cenotes by going on a bus for one hour then took a moto-cab to the cenotes. The moto-cab is a cart connected to a motorcycle. When we got to the cenotes we took a cart that was getting pulled by a horse then another moto-cab took us to another horse cart.

There were three cenotes and we visited all of them. Two of them were in a cave and you had to go down a steep ladder to get in the cenotes. One of them you had to use a flashlight to see. I liked the one that was not in a cave because the ones in the caves were too stuffy and hot. I liked going to the cenotes.


One of the cave cenotes 
Me going down in to a cave

Cenote in a cave

A moto-cab

Track for the carts that the horse pulls

Horse pulling the cart





1 comment:

  1. Three modes of transportation to arrive at your destination! You all were determined to get there.

    The cenotes looked beautiful. It would have been claustrophobic for me to go into the two cave cenotes. I'm glad you are more adventurous than me.

    ReplyDelete